Always read and follow the safety precautions and operational instructions in your owner's manual.
1. Use a drag (pull) gun technique.
2. Keep the wire clean and dry for best weld results.
3. The weld is similar to stick welding, in that a layer of slag must be removed from the weld after welding. Use a chipping hammer and a wire brush.
4. Self-shielded flux-cored does not need shielding from an external cylinder of shielding gas. (The shielding is in the wire). This makes it good for outside work, where external shielding gas could be blown away.
5. Self-shielded flux-cored welding is generally harder to accomplish on thin metals than MIG welding.
Next：Aluminum MIG Welding